Monday, November 13, 2006

I am overwhelmed...

The Queen of Arts Benefit Show and Sale at our new location, was amazing! Way beyond my expectations! Mary has some great pics of the event. I carried my camera in my pocket and never fired off a shot.... We ended up with 36 artists... I think most of them hit an all time high in sales...and 800 visitors. I am still doing the math on the donations to Domestic Violence Solutions. I will post that soon. I am so blessed with good friends and family that were right there to help when needed. Actually before I knew it needed to be done it was done. I met new artists that are not only great artists but wonderful women. Esther Bates the Elverhoj Museum director, did an amazing job keeping everything running smoothly. I really can not say enough about Esther or thank her enough. It was she who invited me to try this in the first place. She had the vision and she was right. There were so many customers that I knew....some I had not seen in years. It was fun to re-connect and to visit with new friends. The one thing I was worried about moving to a new location, was that we would not get to enjoy the community of artist's connection we had when the show was at my house...but we did not lose it thankfully! OK OK I am boring you all...but I am just filled to the brim with appreciation for everyone.

...and if that was not enough....Carol and my ATCs are on the poster for the European Paper Ltd. ATC show in Columbus, Ohio ....That is 2 people 30 miles apart out of a group of 4,000 ATCs...700 artists...absolutely amazing! And art buddy Bee Shay was the winner of the show...and... Mary Stanley was on the poster last year ( 20 miles away)! You can see my ATC in my post from Aug 13th ...it is the middle top one. I have sent a proposal to teach an ATC class in this style at Art Unraveled Art Retreat next Aug. Not sure I am excepted yet...but I did think that was another amazing fact.

2 comments:

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

KUDDOS KUDDOS AND MORE KUDDOS TO YOU MISS SYD...

KISS...KISS... and HUGS ALLLLLLL AROUND!!!

Shari Beaubien said...

Congratulations, Syd... both on the show (again) and for your poster-bound ATC! It's just wonderful!! Hugs, Shari