Monday, December 27, 2010

Our trip to Seattle


The 2 day trip up was not as bad as I thought it would be. I got sewing done and loaded apps and learned alot about my phone...Here is my view.....
We stopped in Ashland. I got to the Morning Glory..of course...and Websters...Ella B is gone. Got to LE and Jon's about 10:30. I stayed up with LE til about 4:30. She was finishing a proposal. Next day Jill and Madison came on the plane. Maddie did really well. She was only upset when they took her shoes and backpack. She felt right at home at LE's. She loved all the big puddles to splash in.
Tues. we went to Teesha's annex and had a fantastic day with her and her art buddies. They had a gift exchange thing going on and Marty, one of Teesha's art friends, taught me how to make a mini woven purse. She gave me a kit with all the supplies. I have actually finished it. I will take a picture soon. Teesha made a delish lunch! ...with tomatillo salsa she learned to make in Mexico....it was a real treat. Madison was really good. She noticed there was a toy store across the street and she and Jill made a visit and she got a dolphin for the bath tub. Anyway...that was a really great day....as you can imagine. It is a magical spot!


So of course we went to Maxine's! Everywhere you look is a vision of loveliness....
On the way back we took the long way....The OR coast is really beautiful....We had clam chowder and clam strips across the street from the wild sea.
Farther down we found a spot we could walk on the beach. The stuff that washes up is so different from our beaches. I found an abalone shell, almost whole.
So back to normal tomorrow I guess...My calendar is already full for Jan. but it was so good to spend some time with LE, Jon, Jill and Maddie in Seattle.

3 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

The last photo of the stones and sticks and shells is really wonderful!

sukey said...

glad you had a great trip...wonderful to see your girls at home in the annex. maddie looks like an elf! see you next year!

Mary Stanley said...

Great photos...glad you got to go to Maxine's and the Annex! What fun!