Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I am so excited

I just turned in our registration to ArtFest and we will be in a small officer's house....LE, Colleen, Susan and I. Just wish it wasn't so far away...I mean in time...next March. I don't mind the road trip. I now have places to stop that are fun on the way to WA. A new place to visit will be the bookstore of a childhood friend in Portland, Roberta.

I am trying to stay focused on painting....not really sure what I will do with all these paintings.....Here is my newest one . It is not finished.....no... this is not my studio....it is the classroom at Allan Hancock college. Our first critique is Thurs.










Did my thing at Dinosaur Caves Sun. I am not sure I will do this next year. Next month is the last one. I plan to have a big sale...."blue light special".













After class I went to see Carol to firm up some plans for our altered book class Sat. and on the way I went by Vandenberg Air Force Base. I got teary eyed seeing the folks, among them a woman that looked like she missed her bridge game standing next to a Nam vet, all holding their protest signs. I admire them for caring enough to gather there in silence to show how they feel. All I could do was wave encouragement.

No comments: