Sunday, March 09, 2014

...way too long since my last post...

I will start with a quote I read..."I have learned so much from my mistakes I think I will make some  more...."  No problem there.  The other quote I overheard at the next table at a group of young adults..."...I told them  'I think I am a native American...I was born here'..."


 I am so lucky to get this amazing treasure from Jone Hallmark!!  I hesitate to share it here...you are all going to be so jealous!!  I love love love this special gift.  Thank you Jone.  I am looking forward to our reunion!!









OK back to me...Our Colors of Oaxaca workshop was amazing!!  Best group of women ever....lots of laughs, talent and love in that group.  We met up with friends we met last year at Casa Colonial and found some new ones.  Lots of art and artisans to visit and good food to eat..  Saw the sites in Teotitlan del Valle ...love that village....silk worm farm, natural dye weavers, sweet local market and wax flower candle makers are just a few of the sites we saw on our field trip. Indigo dyeing at the Textile Museum had a little hic up but it allowed us to do more shopping and see more museum shows in Oaxaca.  ...well I could go on and on about Oaxaca.  It just went too fast...so we are planning to come back in Oct. and of course in Feb. again.  Mary, Colleen and I are already scheming...so stay tuned...


















Hasta la Vista.....


2 comments:

Jone Hallmark said...

I am sooooo happy that you like your card!
I had a great time drawing goodies for everyone and am thrilled that yours was successfully received.....ha! How could you not have a "sheep?"
The Oaxaca trip looks magnificent....maybe I can join in next time.
Hope to see you ladies SOON.........I will drag Sue out when she gets here.
BIG HUGS to you, my friend.
XO xo XO xo

Jone Hallmark said...

SYD!
I tried a few days ago to make a comment here and it got lost....sigh.....
I am THRILLED that you like your card! I had such a good time making them for everyone...thinking about each person and what they might enjoy. Sorry it took so long -
I have been a little busy.
Hoping to drag Sue out your way in April...cross your fingersxxxxx
Gosh, how lucky we all are to have our imaginations and to get to go to France and create and meet new best friends......lucky lucky lucky......
See you soon, Baboon! xo