Wednesday, November 18, 2009

That was a dry spell...I know...


I am still coming back from the whirlwind Queen of Arts. This was such a great event. They tried to give me the credit but I am not worthy....Really it just works. Everyone (36 artists and the Elverhoj Museum staff) does their job and it all happens. Esther at the Elverhoj is the real work force. This 3 day event is so amazing on so many levels. The first impression is WOW...everyone is so talented! You look around at everything and are amazed at the polished look of it all. We had several new artists and they really took it up another notch. I defy you to find an event with a more diverse array of great art. Another level is the feeling of community. One artist wished she could go camping with everyone. I know what she meant...it has a "good times" feel to it all. And one more level is the growth in the artists that I have seen over the years. That is very exciting for me.





I was gifted with the most amazing art from all the artists! I brought home my basket of goodies and I was blown away as I combed over each special piece. It was better than Xmas. Not only did I get things I had been eyeing, I got beautiful things I had not seen and were pick out by the artist for me....which makes the gift special in new way. Thank you everyone. I really don't know how to express my gratitude.



After the event Shelly, Carol, Ruth and I went out to the sushi place to unwind. This is such a sweet pic of Ruth and Carol....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photos of the Show! It does have a special community feel to it!
Thanks for starting it and keeping it going!~

Tara's Art Camp said...

I agree, thank you for the photos. How lucky you are to have artist friends like that, that is just amazing. And to the the work grow over the years, wonderful.

susan said...

how fun to get some booty from the show's artists! you really do an amazing job and make it look easy (which i know is not). congratulations.